We all hate snoring. Even snorers don’t like it when people tell them how irritating it is. It should be noted that this problem can affect anyone, regardless of their gender. It’s a very common condition. What causes it? You may ask. Well, when one goes to sleep, their thorax muscles relax. When this happens, their nose and thorax become narrower or close as they breathe. This makes their throat and other surrounding tissues to vibrate, and this result in the unwanted sound. Here are more causes:
• Age -As one age, their thorax becomes narrower, and the tissue tone in their airway decreases; this causes them to snore more. You can’t do anything about growing older, but visiting a dentist can help you change your lifestyle and learn about nose and thorax exercises that can help you prevent the problem.
• Body Weight- Being overweight can contribute to snoring. The excess fatty tissues around your neck or thorax make your airway narrow, and this intensifies the problem. Losing weight is all you need to solve the problem.
• Sleeping Posture- How do you sleep? If you sleep flat on your back, this could be the reason why you snore. Changing your sleeping posture can help you prevent it.
• Your Anatomy- It’s a known fact that men have airways that are narrower than those of women, and this makes them more likely to snore. Again, while you can’t change how you are built, visiting a dentist can help you control or solve the problem.
When Should You Visit A Dentist?
If you snore, then you have probably read articles that share home remedies that can you can use to end your problem. Some of these home remedies work, but their results only last for a short time. If you want to get rid of your snore, visit a dentist. Dentists have the skills and the equipment required to help you manage the condition.
A dentist’s visit may be particularly crucial if:
1. Your partner and those around you complain too much about your problem,
2. You are told you seem to stop breathing when you sleep,
3. You feel sleepy during the day,
4. You have blood pressure or any other health problem,
5. You have weight issues,
6. You are male,
7. You are aged over 50,
8. You have a large neck size,
9. You are told you make gasping sounds when you sleep.
How Will A Dentist Treat Your Problem?
There are many techniques that a dentist can use to help you manage or get rid of the problem. One of the most popular, effective treatments is by recommending oral appliances. These oral devices will help keep your airway open as you sleep and thereby prevent the irritating sound.
What are you waiting for? Visit a dentist today. Dentists will help deal with the problem completely. However, you should be careful and ensure you visit a dentist who has the background training required to give you the exceptional results you want. Visiting a competent and experienced dentist will definitely solve your problem.